Image by Uwe Kils/Wikipedia
Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Today we have a plethora of possibilities, but time is scarce.
There is so much great open source software shooting up everywhere.
And, good design takes time.
In this hand-craftet theme for Silverstripe 2.4 and Silverstripe 3, I'm combining these factors. The outcome is a simple, easy-to use, but yet multi faceted theme. The Cloudy theme is inspired by, and borrows some of the code from the great Twitter Bootstrap 2 framework. Thank you @mdo, and @fat, and everyone @twitter!
And, thank you of course, everyone @silverstripe for providing the world with such a great product. I'm enjoying it every day.
A special dedication goes to all my great colleagues @cphcloud. The title is for you, and I'll also provide a CPH Cloud-colored color scheme ;).
Anselm Christophersen (@anselmdk), February 2012
- Works right out-of-the box in both SS3 and SS2.4.
- Very easy to customize as it includes different color schemes. Furthermore, Cloudy uses the Compass/SCSS preprocessor, so color variables can easily be altered.
The CSS is still editable without having Compass installed!
- Language-select dropdown for multi-language sites, as well as a top menu for logged in users.
- Features as the top menu, the quotes, and the social buttons are easy to disable.
- Responsive CSS allows specific layout for small screens, mobile and tablet devices.
- Open source icon font Websymbols, allows to easily change icons like the Cloud icon, and to add additional social media and top menu icons.
- Uses no images beyond that! All graphic effects are CSS3. Falback is provided by Compass's legacy feature.
- 2 example pages. Use these to get get a head-start with content setup!
- Works well on all modern browsers and works on IE7/8 as good as it can get.
- Mostly follows code practices set out in Silverstripe Ltd.'s modules and previous themes.
- Includes sub themes for blog & forum, and is easy to extend with additional sub themes.